Faithful men and women in the Bible looked forward to a heavenly home.
Hebrews 11:13-16 says, “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.”
The 12 disciples followed Jesus and took the gospel to the world.
Matthew 10:1-4 says, “And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these: first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Cananite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.”
New Testament Bible characters
- Jesus = The central character of the Bible who came save all humanity.
- Mary = Mother of Jesus and wife of Joseph.
- Peter = A disciple of Christ who had a fiery temper.
- John = The youngest disciple of Jesus.
- Paul = Wrote many letters to the early Christian Church.
Old Testament Bible characters
- Abraham = Left his home traveling to a land God showed him.
- Adam = First man created on this earth. He later ate from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil - after Eve gave him fruit from the tree.
- Daniel = Thrown into the lion’s den, but was unharmed.
- David = Killed Goliath and became the second King of Israel.
- Elijah = Prophet of God who was fed by ravens.
- Esther = The queen who saved her people.
- Isaiah = Old Testament prophet who received visions from God.
- Joshua = Led the Israelites into Canaan and conquered Jericho.
- Moses = Led the Israelites out of Egypt to Canaan.
- Noah = Built an ark to save the world.
- Ruth = A Moabite woman who married Boaz